"Brain on Education"
Daniela founded BRAIN on EDUCATION to give people from diverse communities a chance to show their faces and tell their stories and aspirations through visual expression.
Brain on Education is an ongoing creative design competition that inspires young people, especially from underserved communities in the Bay Area to pursue their higher education goals to better their lives.
The competition is open to students and faculty members at Peralta Colleges and AICA-SF
The competition has 3 rounds each year. After each round the best artworks will be selected and exhibited at different venues in the Bay Area.
Round 1. ENDED Student Artworks from Berkeley City College and Laney College were displayed at the following locations:
Laney College, Oakland, CA on April 18th at a CTE Open house Event
Berkeley City College Auditorium, Berkeley on April 22nd Earth day event
Round 2: OPEN. Now is your chance to participate in this competition!
1. Download the requirements, and follow the specifications.
2. Create and image.
3. Submit your image with your artist statement and signed release form
Round 3: Deadline TBA. Winners will be announced after the 3rd round.
The best 3 images selected out of all colleges will win valuable prizes.
Create an original image depicting how you feel when learning new skills and techniques, or expressing your thoughts about the importance of education. What is education to you?
· Digital and traditional artworks are accepted. Animated gifs are also welcome.
· Size: 18” by 15” (300ppi) for print
Size: 1080px. by 720px. JPG. files for digital submissions
· Add this text, and fill in the blank with the word that expresses how you feel about education:
· "My Brain on Education is___________________"
· Include an image of a brain (download one of the 2 images below.
Right-click on the image and choose "Save As")
· Must include your name and your college’s logo in the upper left corner
How to submit:
Before you upload your artworks make sure you have the following:
· Your artwork includes one of the brain images, posted on the Competitions page.
· Your name appears in the upper left corner of your artwork.
· Your college's logo is posted next to your name.
· Your file is named: YourName_College_BrainOnEd.jpg
· Your file is a JPG or GIF.
· Your file size does not exceed 10MB.
· The dimensions of your image fit into 1080px. by 720px.
Email Daniela Nikolaeva at email@example.com
Subject line: Brain on Education – Submission for Round 2
Submissions for this completion are free!
Donations to support our students are highly appreciated!
(Click on the “Donate” button or on the “Donate” tab at the top)
Every little thing helps!
We are looking for sponsors and volunteers.
Be an angel and help our students. Sponsors' logos, names and pictures will be posted on the website and on all advertising materials.